Sunday 11 December 2011

Performance Projects: Exercises

One of the exercises we had to work on during this piece is called what lights up leads.
I found this quite a difficult exercise as i got stuck on different things to lead by. After a while i was doing the same thing over and again and had to think on a wider scale. I then thought about using smaller bits of the body including little parts of the body like the nose, fingers etc. We got told to use this as inspiration and to take the exercise further:
                          Let the body part take you as far as it can only it one direction not multiples.
                          Take it slow and steady 

                          Let the body part take you as far as it can only it one direction not multiples.
                          Know your body                          Explore what lights up in the space first
                        

2 comments:

  1. I can realte to ths warm as i have done a similar one with 'rooted' dance company.
    I think it is a good way of being aware of the body, knowing what is moving and where the movement is coming from.
    Makes me think a lot about my movement and body :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to how difficult it can be to move with other body parts, especialy when you are always drawn to using one part.

    I beleive the key to getting used to using other body parts as movment initiation is constant practice! as I found out in my intensives.

    Its good that you started thinking about moving with other body parts apart from the obvious ones such as arms and legs!

    Good work Amb! xxx

    ReplyDelete